Dr Mazhar Ilahi serves as Consultant Barrister for the firm. His advocacy experience, profile and supreme ability to deal with complex matters is an asset for the firm. Dr Ilahi gained his doctorate from the University of London. His research involved the analysis of writing up laws in plain language; and future of the same in multilingual countries. He currently serves as the supervisor for PHD Students at the University of London.
Dr Ilahi currently practises in the field of Immigration Law as a Barrister. Previously, he has gained longstanding experience of advocacy by representing numerous Clients in the First Tier Tribunal and Upper Tribunal as Solicitor/Solicitor Advocate in England and Wales.
Dr Ilahi is an Experienced Associate Research Fellow with a demonstrated history of working in the higher education industry. Skilled in Constitutional Law, International Law, Dispute Resolution, Legal Research and Legislation. He has strong research skills and a highly refined professional with a Doctorate of Philosophy focused in Law.
Dr Ilahi's distinguished career includes:
Eight publications, some of which are listed below:
- "Legislation and Statutory Interpretation" Study Guide for Distant Learning LL.M. Programme
- Legal Battles and War Against Terrorists: Pakistan Protection Act, 2014
- Unsuitable Legislative Pluralism of Law of Single Member Company and the Legislation on Multi-Member Corporations
- Rule of Ordinance: A Question of Arbitrary Legislative Endowment
Six Courses, these are listed below:
- 6 weeks pre-service training for the post of Civil Judge/Judicial Magistrate
- Higher Rights of Audience (Civil Advocacy)
- Higher Rights of Audience (Criminal Advocacy)
- Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test
- Research Methodology Training for academic research in the filed of law
- Supervising PhD in Law